|Appears in||Super Lawl|
Rez (his father)
|Lawl Team||Super Lawl
- 1 Special Moves
- 2 K.O.s
- 3 Taunts
- 4 Victory/Lose Pose
- 5 Character Description
- 6 Entrance
- 7 Other Attacks
- 8 Icon
- 9 Victory Music
- 10 Kirby Hat
- 11 When Chosen
- 12 Stage
- 13 Related Music
- 14 Credits Music
- 15 Snake Codec
- 16 Role In The Subspace Emmisary
- 17 Extra
- 18 Trivia
B- Fire Fly
Gex spits out a burning fly from his mouth, traveling at medium range. Gex will also occasionally fire flies with an electric or ice effect.
Side B- Karate Kick
Gex jumps forwards with a flying kick, having his leg and tail extended.
Up B- Heli TV
Gex grips onto a tv with a helicopter on top, which were enemies in the first game. Gex flies up similar to Snake's move with the Cypher. The tv eventually breaks off the helicopter blades along with Gex and drops down to damage anyone below.
Down B- Tail Spring
Gex coils up his tail and uses it to spring along the ground as long as B is held down. He can also spring on enemies to damage them.
Final Smash- Robo Gex
"I. Am. Iron Geeeeex.~" Gex turns into a cyborg version similar to the Anime Channel outfit from the third game. He uses jet thrusters to fly around similar to Yoshi and fires beams from his mouth while the player has him fly around manually.
Up Taunt: Looks to the screen and says a random quip related to the stage
Side Taunt: Spots a fly and yanks it into his mouth with his tongue
Down Taunt: Goes into a kung-fu stance and does a Bruce Lee style battle cry
Victory 1: "Now that's what I call getting some tail" puts on some shades and leans back on his tail like a seat
Victory 2: "Pardon my tongue" spots a fly and inhale it into his mouth with his tongue
Victory 3: "Kill your tv, man~" whips a small tv aside, then faces forwards with a smirk
Gex the Gecko is the main protagonist of the Gex series. He is addicted to television lives in Maui and is a secret agent. He is sent to defeat enemies, lead by the main antagonist, Rez. Gex became a millionaire after he inherited money from his dead Great-Uncle Charlie from Izod. He then purchased a mansion. In Gex: Enter the Gecko Gex was recruited by a Secret Government Agency to battle Rez and from then on he was a secret agent. Gex began his career as a secret agent in Gex: Enter the Gecko. Sometime between the 2nd and third game Gex became partnered with Agent Xtra battling TV terrorists. As an agent Gex built his secret lair the Gexcave underneath his Maui Mansion. He also employed Alfred to be his butler.
We know of four of his family members those being his father (not actually seen but opening cinematics on the first game tell that Gex's father and ten human volunteers were killed in an accident when their rocket blew up on the launch pad - fans think someone must've put a bomb on it), his mother (again we don't actually see her in the game but we know that after Gex's father died, she fired everybody in NASA and sold the rockets to "some third world countries"), Rex (he is seen in all the ganes and he is a red Tyrannosaurus Rex and is Gex's Jurassic ancestor, he is frozen in a large ice cube by Rez but Gex pushed him to a fire. Like Cuz, he is playable on the bonus missions, where you have to collect 50 coinflies and finally we have Cuz, Cuz as his name suggests, is Gex's cousin he wears a tiki shirt and is overweight but apart from that looks like Gex.
- Neutral attack- Strikes several times with some Bruce Lee style strikes
- Dash Attack- Jumps forwards while holding an cartoon anvil and slams it down
- Side Tilt- Gex spins around and whips his tail
- Up Tilt- Shoots his tongue upwards
- Down Tilt- Gex spins around on the ground while whipping his tail
- Side- Goes into a "crane style" stance, then kicks forwards
- Up- Belches upwards and breathes flames
- Down- Takes out a lightsaber and slams it downwards
- Ledge attack: Crawls forwards and shoots his tongue out
- 100% ledge attack: ???
- Ground attack: ???
- Trip attack: ???
- Grab- Whips his tongue out to grab an opponent, can also be used to grab ledges
- Pummel- Grabs on with his hand and slams his opponent
- Forward- Shoves forwards, then jumps up to to a Matrix style snap kick
- Backward- Uses an Indiana Jones style whip to fling his enemy behind himself
- Up- Flings upwards with his tongue
- Down- Slams to the ground then slaps his tail down while their on the ground
- Neutral- Swings his tail in mid-air
- Forward- Spins his body horizontally in midair
- Backward- Slams with his Tail backwards
- Up- Spins himself vertically on his side
- Down- Thrusts his tail downwards
A tv with Gex's handprint in the middle
Gex's head worn similar to the Yoshi hat, only with a tail sticking out the back
"Lock and load, little lizard"
The Media Dimension
Role In The Subspace Emmisary
Colors & Costumes
- Gex has also been voiced by comedians Leslie Phillips in Gex: Enter the Gecko, and Danny John-Jules in Gex 3: Deep Cover Gecko for the UK and European releases of the game, giving Gex a more British accent than his American counterpart, who is voiced by Dana Gould.
- Gex was fashioned on the characters of James Bond for Gex: Enter the Gecko, and on Austin Powers for Gex 3: Deep Cover Gecko as can be seen on the cover artwork.
- However, the Rumors section of Official Playstation Magazine and Nintendo Power spoke of Gex’s return on the PlayStation 2 and Gamecube sometime near the release of Crystal Dynamics Blood Omen 2. The exact month and issue number of the statement is not known at this time.