|Debut|| SpongeBob SquarePants|
The Intertidal Zone
|Appears in|| YTPGuy17's Smash Bros. Lawl|
Smash Bros. Lawl Galaxy
New Super Smash Lawl Project L.O.L Smash Bros Lawl EX Smash of the Titans
Steven Star (when he doesn't beat a dead horse)
Anime SpongeBob (even though he's a clone)
Rainbow Dash (poker buddy)
Ellis (Left 4 Dead 2) (poker buddy)
Toon Luigi (poker buddy)
Jeff the Killer
Fawful (at least in terms of his minion)
Lydia Prower (both classic and new)
Wander (bro in Team SV33 X Team Prower)
Sandvich33 (he likes both the old and new episodes as a guilty pleasure)
Blaze the Cat
Daniel Clayton (since he's mained him)
Cpend7 (he hates seasons 3-9)
M. Night Shyamalan ("Boy, Shyamalan needs to throw in towel." -after viewing The Last Airbender, Summer 2010)
|Lawl Team||Team YTPGuy17|
Hans, The realistic hand, comes in and places SpongeBob onto the battlefield.
Special Attacks (Team YTPGuy17)
Neutral B - Cruise Bubble
SpongeBob blows a bubble in the shape of a torpedo. The player can use the control stick to control the bubble like a PK Thunder. The bubble will explode if it hits an opponent, part of the stage, or a projectile.
The cruise bubble is an obtainable item found in Battle For Bikini Bottom (GBA, GCN, PC, PS2, and Xbox). Where SpongeBob could blow a bubble in the shape of a torpedo, and use it as a weapon.
Side B - Spin Technique
SpongeBob puts on his karate gear and spins. The attack can be charged for more "spin time" and damage. It can also reflect projectiles.
Early in Karate Choppers SpongeBob does a spin technique, but gets easily slapped away.
Up B - Jellyfish Friends
SpongeBob surfs on a pack of jellyfish for two seconds. Using the control stick can steer SpongeBob, making it a great move for ledge recovery. If an enemy gets touched by the stingers (actually tentacles), he or she will be electrocuted by them, and will get stunned.
At the end of The Sponge Who Could Fly (aka SpongeBob: Lost Episode) friendly jellyfish let SpongeBob ride on their heads. The stinging part comes from a running gag in the show, as jellyfish are the equivalent of underwater bees.
Down B - Fry Cook
SpongeBob puts on his fry cook uniform (which is just a hat with an anchor on it) and gets a new moveset. Moving left or right gives limited movement.
The move orgins of these moves are, at this time, unknown but there are some guesses as to where these moves come from
Neutral B - Spatula Attack
SpongeBob attacks with Spat (or Fifi). The spatula can deflect projectiles with 2x speed and power.
This move may come from one of the many times he cuts Krabby Patty toppings with Spat. This is first seen during the very first episode of the TV show, Help Wanted. One part the Livin' in the Sunlight, Lovin' in the Moonlight music video, SpongeBob cuts an assortment of Krabby Patty toppings with Spat rapidly. A few seconds after, he splits into 5 pieces.
Side B - Krabby Patty Throw
SpongeBob throws a Krabby Patty in the direction he is facing. The more damage he has, the faster he flings the patties.
This may come from a scene in You Shoe's Untied. Here, SpongeBob accedentally throws Krabby Patties into Squidward's mouth, causing him to be very enlarged. He then burps and says that his heart may have stopped.
Up B - Patty Barrage
SpongeBob throws 4 Krabby Patties at a time. This reverts him back to his regular moveset. The patties can also damage people overhead.
While this scene has no clear orgin, it may also be referencing the afformentioned scene again.
Down B - Closing Time
Reverts him to his old moveset.
Final Smash - The Invicibubble
SpongeBob sings the last verse of The SpongeBob of Bubbles (aka The Invicibubble) before transforming into a the invicible. He gains the ability to aim with the control stick and press B to transform into invicibubble, use bubbles to bubbled down any enemy that touches it. It lasts for 23 seconds.
The move comes from The Invicibubble Attack (from SpongeBob: Sponge out of Water) he blowed with bubble to flooded those enimes away
Special Attacks (Team Galaxy)
Neutral B - Bubble Spin
SpongeBob spins around hitting people with his bubble wand. Anyone dead center in the "O" of the wand is caught in a bubble like one of those robots from Bubble Bobble. The bubbles are fragile and anyone can pop them. If you time this attack right, you can deflect projectiles. In the air, this helps SpongeBob recover in a similar fashion to the spin in current Super Mario Bros. games.
Side B - Bubble Bowl
SpongeBob makes a bubble that resembles a bowling ball and then rolls it like a bowling ball. The bubble rolls around for 4 seconds unless it hits someone. This can be charged up for longer distance and bigger impact upon hitting someone. In the air, it is able to bounce a bit upon hitting the ground. The higher the distance it drops from, the higher it'll bounce.
Up B - Bubble Bash
SpongeBob creates a viking helmet made from a bubble and then rockets upward. This is clearly similar to how it works in the game this attack comes from, except the it goes up 1.5x higher than it originally did. If anyone makes direct contact with the bubble horns during the build-up, they're of course hurt. During the part where he rockets up, you can steer him left or right with the analog stick
Down B - Bubble Bounce
SpongeBob makes a pair of bubbles in the shape of feet and then crashes down. It goes like the Yoshi bomb, except it can be only done in the air and it can be done in conjunction with the bubble bash. The higher he starts the drop at, the bigger the impact. There will be a shockwave that'll stun opponents when he drops at a great enough height, along with plowing someone into the ground. If you do this upon using someone as a footstool, the boost is higher.
Final Smash - Rock Wizard
SpongeBob will turn into a rock wizard like in the first movie (a sequel is scheduled for 2015) and he will fly upward into the middle of the screen. During the rockout cutscenes, he is surrounded by a flashy shield that stuns anyone who touches it. At a great enough charge, he first shoots a laser to the 8:00 position first, then at the next full charge, he does a backshot at 4:00. He then spins around and fires lasers at positions 3:00-9:00. After 10 seconds of that, he then shoots a laser at the 12:00 position that works in 2 ways:
1. Star-KOs anyone overhead.
2. Shoots 2 bolts of lightning at his sides that instantly KOs anyone near them.
Star KOSFX: *screams*
Screen KOSFX: "Ow!"
Up: trademark laugh
Sd: "I'M READY!!!!!"
Dn: "Who put you on the planet? Neh!"
1. "Score one for the boys back home!"
2. "This is the happiest day of my life!"
3. YTPGuy17: makes a #1 shape with his body; Lawl Galaxy: blows 2 kisses and then laughs
4. (vs. Patrick Star) "You lose, Patrick!"
5. (vs. himself/another SpongeBob clone) "You're me!"
6. (vs. anypony) "Aww, so cute!" <3
7. (vs. Squidward) "Sorry, Squidward."
8. (vs. Mr. Krabs) "Mr. Krabs, can I have a raise?"
9. (vs. Plankton) "You won't get away with this, Plankton!"
10. (vs. Garbage Guy, who's his rival in TKEAxTFS) "Actually, it's laundry day."
11. (vs. SpongeBong, w/ Classic SpongeBob) Both: "And that's for destroying childhoods!" *shakes hands with the classic version*
12. (vs. SquidBob TentaPants) "Hey, don't look at me! I don't decide the episode names! And it was SquidBob TentaclePants, not SquidBob TentaPants!"
No Contest: Clapping (default)
- Neutral attack- ???
- Dash Attack- Pelvic Thrust
- Side Tilt- Karate Chop
- Up Tilt- Jumps up
- Down Tilt- ???
- Side- Drives a Boatmobile forward in a short distance
- Up- "I THINK I'M GONNA EXPLODE!!!"
- Down- Scrubs the floor with himself in a back and forth motion
- Ledge attack: ???
- 100% ledge attack: ???
- Ground attack: ???
- Trip attack: ???
- Grab: Grabs with a Jellyfish net
- Pummel: Spins the net 360 degrees
- Forward: Imitates Squirrel Ball throw
- Backward: Throws them backwards with the net
- Up: Cooks them on a grill, and flips them up
- Down: ???
- Neutral: Shoots a quick burst of bubbles around him
- Forward: Quick Karate chop w/ glove
- Backward: Double-takes 3 times
- Up: Twirls a mop upwards
- Down: Drops an anchor (this move can meteor smash)
Neutral Jabs: Karate Moves
Dash Attack: SpongeBall
- Sd: Hot Sauce Bubbles
- Up: Shoryuken
- Dn: Bring it Around Town!
- Sd: Spatula Stab
- Up: Want Some Popcorn?
- Dn: Split Kick
- N-Air: Puff-Up
- F-Air: Stroke
- B-Air: Double Take
- U-Air: Jellyfish Stroke
- D-Air: The Amazing Mr. Absorbency!
- Grab: Strechy Arms
- Pummel: Tweak
- Forward: Strech Kick
- Back: No-Hands Suplex
- Up: Pearl Shoot
- Down: Head Scratch Technique!
- Ledge Attack: Face-to-face!
- 100% Ledge Attack: Inflatable Pants
- Ground Attack: Rebuild
- Trip Attack: Strech Out
Snake: "Otacon, who's the laughing sponge?"
Otacon: "Oh, you mean SpongeBob?"
Otacon: "He comes from a world where everyone is a certain aquatic species, like starfish or squids. He's even friends with a squirrel."
Snake: "Are you kidding me!?"
Otacon: "Nope. He also knows karate and his ambition is to be the greatest fry cook in the world."
Snake: "This is making my head hurt."
SpongeBob SquarePants is the main protagonist, and the eponymous character, of the Nickelodeon animated comedy series of the same name. He was designed by marine biologist Stephen Hillenburg, and is voiced by Tom Kenny. SpongeBob's a childish, joyful, eccentric sea sponge who lives in a pineapple in the underwater city of Bikini Bottom. He works as a fry cook at the Krusty Krab, a job that he's exceptionally skilled at. SpongeBob lacks a lot of knowledge and is a constant annoyance to those around his (especially Squidward Tentacles), but is very good-natured. He appears in all of the episodes in the series, and he was soon to be Nickelodeon's main mascot.
His in-game rival is Cosmo.
Role in Subspace Emmisary
- On some occasions, SpongeBob wears glasses, like for Jellyfishing (for protection) or for reading. These are similar to those worn by his portrayer, Tom Kenny.
- In Help Wanted, it is revealed that his first words were, "May I take your order?” However, this is wrong, as in Truth or Square his first words are "Krabby Patty". Though, in Truth or Square, he was still inside his mother's womb, so when he said "May I take your order?”, it may have been after he was born.
- SpongeBob has displayed some forms of telepathy. This usually is displayed in forms of jokes about how annoying he can be.
- Sleepy Time - SpongeBob affects his friends' dreams negitavely.
- Dying for Pie - SpongeBob says, "Hi" to Mr. Krabs in Squidward's thoughts.
- The Great Snail Race - SpongeBob asks Gary, "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?” Gary thinks about television, and SpongeBob replies negatively.
- Big Pink Loser - SpongeBob thinks, "At least I'm safe inside my mind." Patrick thinks the same and, as a result, SpongeBob screams.
- Gary Takes a Bath - SpongeBob assaults Gary's mind with the subliminal image of a red-headed country girl who, in a way, displays mental incapacity.
- The Hot Shot- SpongeBob appears to have read Mrs. Puff's mind asking her what "incorrigible" means, after Mrs. Puff said "incorrigible" in her mind.
- He played guitar in his movie.
- SpongeBob is friends with Rainbow Dash, Toon Luigi, and Ellis due to a picture of them in Poker Night at the Inventory.
- Using logic from the SpongeBob Wiki, he was 13 years old in the very first episode of the whole show.
- SpongeBob is enemies with Leonidas and Ricky Caldwell in Daniel Clayton's version of The King's Epic Adventure X: The Frollo Show.
- Many people think of SpongeBob positively within the first 3 seasons, but SpongeBob after that is thought of as more antagonistic (the most antagonistic moments thought of are included in A Pal for Gary).
- SpongeBob's moveset in Lawl: Galaxy came out of inspiration when the creator was young and played SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom.
|Playable Characters in YTPguy17's Smash Bros. Lawl|
|Morshu | Annoying Orange | Toon Mario | Cosmo the Seedrian | Toon Dr. Mario | Michael Jackson | Patrick Star | CD-i Link | Smosh | Bill Nye | Ophelia Chill | CD-i Ganon | 9-Volt | Wreck-It Ralph | Dark Helmet | Chell|