|"This fight will be your last!"|
|Appears in|| Smash Bros. Lawl Galaxy|
Elite Warrior Battle Royale
|Friends||Sandvich33 (his favorite ninja in Mortal Kombat)|
Kamen Rider Kuuga
Anime Britney Spears
Glacius (Death Battle)
|Lawl Team||Team Galaxy|
Sub-Zero emerges frozen and then breaks out of the ice.
Neutral B - Ice Blast
Sub-Zero fires a blast of ice forwards, which freezes enemies upon contact, to the point of leaving them suspended in air for a moment. You can manage to aim this attack upward. Sometimes, the upward shot will manage to hit the nearest opponent. This can also be done in the air. If you freeze someone that you already frozen, you'll freeze yourself and unfreeze the opponent (like in the original 2D arcade games). You can tilt the analog stick down to shoot some ice onto the ground, creating a slip trap that allows Sub-Zero to land some hits on the opponent.
Side B - Ice Slide
Sub-Zero slides across the floor with a leg extended, tripping up his opponent and moving past them in the process. As he slides, he leaves a trail of permafrost behind him that'll stay for 10 seconds. The permafrost left behind is of course a slip trap, but it can be melted early by fire-related attacks and such. If Sub-Zero slides on ice, whether it's the permafrost or the terrain itself, it'll manage to increase the impact of the sliding kick.
Up B - Ice Clone
Sub-Zero somersaults while leaving an ice clone behind himself. Just before making the ice clone, you can direct where Sub-Zero will somersault to with the analog stick. The clone falls towards the ground afterwards if done in the air. In that case, it does a meteor smash while freezing. When it hits the ground, it shatters to bits that can be thrown around like Samus' leftover armor after her final smash. Anyone who comes contact with the clone obviously becomes frozen.
Down B - Kori Blade
Sub-Zero gets out his weapon that was introduced in Deadly Alliance. While it's out, he moves around like normal, especially with the ability to do a second jump is kept while the sword's unsheathed. You can hold down A to freeze yourself. If anyone hits Sub-Zero, he/she will be frozen, leading to Sub-Zero hitting the attacker from behind. You can also perform a side smash that manages to freeze opponents hit by the blade, similar to the Ice Scepter from Mortal Kombat 4. Press down+B to put the sword back.
Final Smash (Team Super Lawl/Team Elite) - Ice Field
"Finish Them!" Sub-Zero forms a massive field of cold air around himself, which instantly freezes all opponents in range, doing multiple hits of damage before hand. If any players are KOed by this or KOed while still frozen, the MK announcer will shout "Fatality".
Final Smash (Team Galaxy) - Spine Rip
Shao Kahn will first say "Finish Him!" The background will then go dark with the 3 dramatic notes of the indication that there will be death in an original form, and it will be gruesome. Anyone near you after all that stuff will have his/her spine ripped out, thus making it an instant KO, with Shao Kahn saying "Fatality". He can then use the spine as a weapon, especially with the opponent having respawned, so you can beat that opponent to death with his/her own spine (which in real life doesn't seem physically possible).
Star KOSFX: *scream from Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks*
Screen KOSFX: "Oof!"
Up Taunt: Grunts as he flexes one arm back and holds one forwards
Side Taunt: Holds his palms parallel in front of himself and forms a sphere of cold air between them
Down Taunt: Says random gibberish while beckoning forwards with his hand
Up: "This fight will be your last!"
Sd: *holds up a Sub-Zero doll* "Buy a Sub-Zero Doll!"
Victory 1: Sub-zero faces forwards and raises an arm in victory.
Victory 2: Forms a small ice sculpture of himself before tossing it aside
Victory 3: Transforms into his MK9 form
Lose: Feels Dizzy
1. *victory animation from Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks*
2. *victory animation from Mortal Kombat 9*
3. Shao Kahn: "Sub-Zero wins."
4. (vs. Scorpion) "The battle is finished. Your quest for vengeance is over, Scorpion!"
Failure/Clap: Ice Koffin
- Neutral attack- Punches rapidly, alternating with both arms
- Dash Attack- Sub-Zero slides forwards on a trail of ice, charging forwards with a shoulder charge
- Side Tilt- Does a high kick forwards
- Up Tilt- Holds his hands upwards and fires icicles straight upwards
- Down Tilt- Does an uppercut from a crouching position
- Side- Cold air surround his fist before he punches forwards
- Up- Throws a ball of ice in an arc forwards, which explodes on contact with enemies
- Down- Forms a blade of ice in his hand and stabs diagonally downwards
- Ledge attack: Rolls forwards then does a sweeping kick
- 100% ledge attack: ???
- Ground attack: ???
- Trip attack: ???
- Grab- Sub-Zero grabs his opponent and freezes them at close range while holding on
- Pummel- Punches his opponent in the face repeatedly
- Forward- Shoves his opponent forwards, then sends a kick to their chest
- Backward- Rolls backwards and throws his opponent back
- Up- Throws his opponent upwards then summons a rock of ice above to fall down on top of them
- Down- Sub-Zero holds his frozen opponent over his head before slamming them to the ground
- Neutral- Kicks his foot forwards
- Forward- Kicks forwards twice
- Backward- Kicks Backwards
- Up- Somersaults upwards with a rising uppercut right afterwards
- Down- Fires icicles straight downwards from his palms
Neutral Jabs: punch, sword slash, kick
Dash Attack: Running Punch
- Sd: Blizzard Fist
- Up: Tundra Geyser
- Dn: Icicle Pop-Up
- Sd: High Kick
- Up: Uppercut
- Dn: Punch
- N-Air: Kick
- F-Air: Frozen Dagger
- B-Air: Cold Shoulder
- U-Air: Kori Blade Stab
- D-Air: Icicle Rain
- Grab: 1-Handed
- Pummel: Punch
- Forward: Kicked Away
- Back: Suplex
- Up: Toasty!
- Down: Leg Breaker
- Ledge Attack: Punch
- 100% Ledge Attack: Kori Blade Stab
- Ground Attack: Leg Sweep
- Trip Attack: Leg Sweep
Snake: "This ninja has some interesting abilities."
Otacon: "I wouldn't say that too loud. He's an assassin from the Lin Kuei and doesn't like being compared to ninjas."
Snake: "A job where killing is a necessity rather than an option. I prefer a mission that avoids as few 'fatalities' as possible."
Otacon: "Well, you don't want to be on the receiving end of Sub-Zero. With his ice powers, he's able to kill his opponents with brutal efficiency. Heck, he's doesn't even need those. He can rip your spine out with his bare hands!"
Snake: "That's a bit of overkill. Think he'll try something here?"
Otacon: "Probably not, this is one of the few instances where he has to hold back, but either way I wouldn't risk losing against him."
Snake: "Need to catch him off guard and turn the tables. I could keep him off the ground, then knock him into the pit."
Otacon: "Good idea, Snake. That's usually a preferred attack method for most kombatants."
Sub-Zero is one of the most popular characters in the Mortal Kombat series. There are in fact two incarnations of Sub-Zero, and they are siblings: the older brother Bi-Han and younger brother Kuai Liang. Both are blue garbed warriors that have served the Lin Kuei. Both descended from Cryomancers, an Outworld race possessing the ability to generate and control the powers of ice. However, they were born in Earthrealm and only the younger Sub-Zero would discover his heritage. Kuai Liang bears a scar on his left eye which he received between the events of MK3. However, as seen in Deception, the scar has faded away. This may have been caused by the Dragon Medallion's power.
Role in SSE
Colors & Costumes
- Lin Kuei Blue (Default, Blue)
- Shinrai Ryu Yellow (Yellow)
- Hanzo Hattori (Green)
- Classic Outworld Red (Red)
- Silhouette Black
- Earthquake Brown
- Protect Ninja Daredevil Purple
- Cyborg Body
- Sub-Zero inspired the professional wrestling character known as Glacier in World Championship Wrestling. Ray Lloyd, a regional Karate champion, played the role for several years.
- Ed Boon stated that Sub-Zero was originally going to be called "Tundra", which canon-ically was Sub-Zero's original codename before changing it to Sub-Zero, honoring his fallen brother.
- His spine rip contributed to the creation of the ESRB.
- Sub-Zero is friends with Squidward since Agito90 added Sub-Squid to his roster of characters in Youth Beyond.
- Sub-Zero appeared in every Mortal Kombat game but Mortal Kombat: Special Forces and the Game.com port of Mortal Kombat Trilogy.
- He got his own game, which was not very good.